Your privacy is important to us. (Smoking is a very private matter.) Fortunately, we’re in a position where we don’t have to make much money, so we would never (ever, ever) sell your name or e-mail address or any other personal information to anybody else. Clear enough?
Nevertheless, the law and the search engine integrity requires us to offer a very legal sounding “privacy statement” that provides information about what we do with the personal information that we collect, and the ways in which we use that personal information.
(Credit: We’re happy to note that this legal sounding privacy statement was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com. They asked us to mention that.)
Personal information collection
We may collect and use (though never without your permission) the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide us for the purpose of registering with the Smokers Freedom School website
- information about transactions carried out over this website, including any you provide about your smoking history and successes and failures at quitting;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the Smokers Freedom School website
- any other information that you want to send to us
We will never disclose your personal information to outside agents or sub-contractors for any purpose.
Using personal informatio
The Smoker’s Freedom School may use your personal information to:
- personalize the website for you;]
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information, with your permission, about you on the website;
- supply you with products that you purchase;]
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you various helpful communications.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Securing your data
The Smokers Freedom School will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The Smokers Freedom Schoolwill store all the personal information you provide on secure servers.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on our website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
We are of course not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact The Smokers Freedom School
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by post to Smokers Freedom School, 606 Hanna St. Fort Collins, CO. USA